(Released October 31, 2011) – The Toledo-Lucas County Public Library and The University of Toledo present Quantum Leap – Science Made Easy! scheduled from 6:45 p.m. through 8:30 p.m. on Monday, November 14 in the McMaster Center at Main Library, 325 Michigan St.
Share the excitement of discovery as another Quantum Leap series discussion gets underway! These presentations are designed to pique your curiosity, answer your questions, and give a glimpse of what academic research is all about. Come learn how research is important to everyone and learn something new!
The November 14 discussion is titled Photovoltaics: Solar Power Made Easy with Al Compaan, Distinguished University Professor, with introduction by Jim Trempe, Vice President for Research.
· Why Einstein and quantum theory birthed the photovoltaic solar cell that converts sunlight directly to electricity
· What materials make good solar cells and why
· Why did cheap solar cells take so long?
· Can solar cells ever provide all of our electricity?
NOTE: For additional information visit toledolibrary.org, or call 419.259.5200
- Toledo Lucas County Public Library