The Toledo-Lucas County Public Library is celebrating National Hispanic Heritage Month scheduled from noon to 4 p.m. on Saturday, October 6 at Main Library, 325 Michigan St. Bring the entire family to help celebrate at this FREE event! Parking is also free for all participants.
National Hispanic Heritage Month runs September 15 through October 15, and helps celebrate Hispanic heritage and honor the independence of the Latin American countries of Guatemala, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Honduras, and Nicaragua. In addition, both Mexico and Chile are independent.
You won’t want to miss this exciting celebration!
Schedule of activities:
· 11-11:45 a.m. – “El Corazon De Mexico Ballet Folklorico” performs! (Wintergarden of Main Library).
· Noon-1:30 p.m. – Cooking demonstration with Lina Barrera and Syndi Guerrero. Come and sample Calabacitas con Pollo/Chicken, Zucchini, Corn and Autumn Squash in a savory broth; Fideo/Mexican pasta side dish; Ranchero Pinto Beans; Home-made Salsa, and Flour Tortillas! (Huntington Meeting Room).
· 1:30-2:30 p.m. – Arts and Crafts with local artist Delfina Zapata (Children’s Meeting Room)
· 2-3 p.m. – Mexican Bingo for all! (McMaster Center Lobby)
This program is generously funded by the Library Legacy Foundation. For additional information visit toledolibrary.org, or call 419.259.5200
- Toledo-Lucas County Public Library | Toledo, OH