Lakeside to Host American Red Cross Blood Drive - November 9
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Lakeside, Ohio – Lakeside will host the Marblehead Community American Red Cross Blood Drive from 12-5 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 9 in Wesley Lodge (located at 510 Central Avenue, Lakeside, Ohio). All are welcome to donate. As an incentive to give blood, this blood drive will serve as a competition between Ohio State and Michigan fans to see which team can save the most lives. All presenting donors may enter to win a pair of tickets to the Ohio State vs. Michigan football game on Saturday, Nov. 27.
Soup and sandwiches will be provided to those who donate. To find out if you are eligible to donate, visit www.redcrossblood.org. For questions or to schedule an appointment, please call 800-828-1975.
In addition, Lakeside is seeking volunteers to assist with the blood drive. To volunteer, contact 419-798-4461, ext. 248 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips before donating, provided by www.redcrossblood.org:
• Get a good night’s sleep.
• Eat a good breakfast/lunch about two hours before donating.
• Drink extra water and fluids to replace the volume you will donate (avoid tea, coffee and other beverages with caffeine).
• Eat iron-rich foods (red meat, fish, poultry or liver, beans, raisins and prunes).
• Drinking orange juice or other beverages containing Vitamin C with your meal before donating can sometimes more than double your iron intake.
• Avoid fatty foods before donating (hamburgers, fries or ice cream).
Facts about blood use, provided by www.redcrossblood.org:
• Blood cannot be manufactured; it can only come from generous blood donors.
• In the U.S., four million people need blood every year. That is one patient every two seconds.
• People are eligible to donate blood every eight weeks.
• 97 percent of the population will have received a blood transfusion by the age of 75, yet only five percent of the population donates.
• One unit of blood can help save up to three lives.
• Approximately five percent of the eligible population in the U.S. donates blood.
• Six million individuals give blood each year.
Known as the Chautauqua on Lake Erie, Lakeside is a family destination that has pioneered the act of nurturing mind, body and spirit since 1873. One of the few remaining Chautauquas in the United States, Lakeside offers a variety of spiritual, educational, cultural arts and recreational opportunities. Located between Cleveland and Toledo on Lake Erie’s south shore, Lakeside is a gated community that provides rest and renewal in addition to hundreds of enlightening and entertaining experiences. For more information on vacationing or living the Lakeside Chautauqua experience, visit www.lakesideohio.com or call 866-952-5374.
Press Release Contact Name: Alexandrea Kontos
Press Release Contact Email: email@example.com
Press Release Contact Phone: 419-798-4461
Organization Name: Lakeside Association
Website or Link: www.lakesideohio.com
Organization Address: 236 Walnut Avenue, Lakeside, OH, 43440