bd’s Mongolian Grill Features Fresh, Healthy Food Choices
bd’s Mongolian Grill in Toledo, located in Franklin Park Mall, has brought back its popular Fun Fresh Food promotion, providing its guests with a “Fun” way to get a “Fresh” start on the New Year with great tasting, healthier-for-you “Food”.
Offering healthier recipes as a way to ring in 2011, Fun Fresh Food features fresh, lighter ingredients for guests to enjoy now through March 6, 2011.
“Our brand is committed to providing fresh, tasty and healthy options for our guests to enjoy, especially at the beginning of a new year when many are trying to change their eating habits,” said Denise Head, vice president of marketing at bd’s Mongolian Grill. “We want our guests to know we are here as added support to help them lead healthy lifestyles while still enjoying flavorful food.”
During the promotion, bd’s Mongolian Grill fans can choose from endless healthy recipe choices, which include fresh ingredients such as:
• Mahi-Mahi: Like most fish, Mahi Mahi is a leaner protein and serves as an excellent source of healthy omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B and selenium, an antioxidant known to fight against cancer.
• Whole Wheat Pasta: Substituting whole wheat pasta for standard pasta dishes can make all the difference, especially in terms of your health. This lower-carb alternative is known to contribute to lower blood pressure and reducing risk of heart disease.
• Fresh Basil: This flavorful low-calorie ingredient doesn’t just tickle your taste buds, but it also acts as a source of Vitamin A, K and Iron, helping to protect cells and chromosomes from potential damage.
In addition to the lighter meal options, bd’s guests can also enjoy:
• Lettuce Wrap “Appeteasers”: A delicious low calorie option with lean chicken.
• Sweet Pepper & Beef Soup: Loaded with hearty vegetables such as sweet peppers, celery, diced tomatoes and lean ground beef in a flavorful, zesty broth.
• Citrus Carrot Cake Mini: Lighter way to end your meal with a fresh dessert.
• Guilt-Free Margaritas: Made with real fruit, including raspberries, blueberries and limes, these thirst quenching beverages are lower in fat, calories and carbohydrates than traditional margaritas.
As part of the promotion, bd’s Mongolian Grill is partnering with HealthyDiningFinder.com. The site offers guests a place to search online for lighter menu items. Food options listed on the website, including the “Fun Fresh Food” promotional recipes, contain fewer than 750 calories, 25 grams of fat and eight grams of saturated fat.
Additionally, bd’s Mongolian Grill has developed the “Create a Bowl” website, http://www.gomongo.com/experience/create-a-bowl.php, where Mongo fans can create their own healthy combinations complete with nutritional facts. They can also print out their recipe creations to make at the restaurant.
“bd’s Mongolian Grill’s vast ingredient selections allow for an unlimited array of recipe combinations. Plus, our special preparation stations allow us to accommodate all of our guests and their dietary needs,” added Head. “Whether guests suffer from allergies or even celiac disease, prefer certain vegetables or require gluten-free meals, we are proud to offer them an enjoyable and tasty experience.”
Press Release Contact Name: Gregg Cebrzynski
Press Release Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization Name: bd\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Mongolian Grill