UT Celebrity Wait Night to Benefit Heart Transplants
Loma Linda hosts celebrity waiter event Aug. 22 to fund heart transplants at UTMC
Mundt family donated $1 million in 2008 to restart UTMC program
In 2008, Alfred and Adela Mundt donated $1 million to help restart a heart transplantation program that has been dormant at The University of Toledo Medical Center.
To benefit that endowment and raise community awareness about the Mundt Cardiology Endowment Fund at UT’s College of Medicine and Life Sciences, hosts Al and Adela will join Toledo Mayor Mike Bell and many other celebrity waiters at Loma Linda Restaurant, 10400 Airport Highway in Swanton, Monday, Aug. 22, from 5:30 to 9 p.m. for an event called From the Heart.
“Al’s and Adela’s generosity will be central to a revitalized heart transplant program that will allow members of the community to stay in the community and receive the complex procedures they need at UTMC,” said Howard Newman, UT associate vice president for development.
Harvey Steele, morning host for K100 radio, will emcee a short program and will serve as one of about a dozen celebrity waiters. Other celebrity servers will include:
· Dr. Christopher Cooper, professor and chief of cardiology at UTMC;
· Dr. Thomas Schwann, chief of cardiothoracic surgery at UTMC;
· Dr. Quinton Foster, electrophysiology and pacing cardiologist;
· Dr. Jeffrey Gold, Professor, chancellor & executive vp for biosciences & health affairs;
· Tricia Cullop, 2011 WNIT Championship winner and UT head women’s basketball coach;
· Mike Bell, mayor of the City of Toledo;
· Carty Finkbeiner, former mayor of the City of Toledo;
· Chris Finkbeiner, Danberry Realtors;
· Michael Levison, St. Jude Medical;
· Mr. Tom Tuschman, OmniSource; and
· Yuval Zaliouk, Toledo Symphony Orchestra conductor emeritus, owner of Almondina cookie company.
Admission to From the Heart is free and guests may order anything from the menu. The owners of Loma Linda have agreed to donate all celebrity waiter tips to the Mundt Cardiology Endowment Fund.
“We want to extend an open invitation to the entire community,” Newman said. “Thanks to the Mundts’ leadership, this program exists to serve the region. Please come, enjoy some great food and tip generously.Help own a piece of an innovative transplant program that will save many lives.”
Press Release Contact Name: Jon Strunk
Press Release Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization Name: University of Toledo