Lourdes University offers Veterans Day event
Lourdes University is offering a Veterans Day event on Friday, November 11 at 4 p.m. at the Franciscan Center, 6832 Convent Blvd., in Sylvania. The featured speaker is Colonel Scott E. Reed, Vice Commander at the 180th Fighter Wing – Toledo Air National Guard Base. Light refreshments will be served directly after the event.
“It is a privilege to welcome such a distinguished member of the United States Air Force to lead us in honoring our veterans who have served this country,” says Gary Bentley, M.B.A., Lourdes University Assistant Professor of Business, College of Business and Leadership; and Retired Executive Officer, 180th Fighter Wing, Ohio Air National Guard.
Colonel Scott E. Reed
As Vice Commander for an Aerospace Expeditionary Force tasked wing, Col. Scott E. Reed assists the Wing Commander to ensure the wing provides for America; to include protection of the homeland, effective combat power, and defense support to civil authorities while developing Airmen, supporting their families and serving in our communities.
Col. Reed was commissioned in January 1984 through the Reserve Officer Training Corps program at the University of Notre Dame. He is a command pilot with more than 4,100 hours in the T-37, F-4 and F-16 aircraft including combat experience spanning operations from Desert Storm to Iraqi Freedom.
Having been decorated and honored for his service multiple times, Col. Reed has received 16 medals including a Meritorious Service Medal, Air Medal, Aerial Achievement Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Southwest Asia Service Medal, Iraq Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal and the Korean Defense Service Medal.
Col. Reed completed his undergraduate pilot training at Reese Air Force Base in Texas. He earned his bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering from the University of Notre Dame in Indiana. Col. Reed has also successfully completed Squadron Officer School at Maxwell Air Force Base in Alabama; a Fighter Weapons Instructor Course at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico and Air War College by correspondence.
Col. Reed’s previous assignments include:
• Space Defense Officer, Headquarters Space Command at Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado (1984)
• T-37 Chief of Check Section, 455th Fighter Tactical Squadron at Mather Air Force Base in California (1986-1989)
• F-4G Wild Weasel Flight Lead, 561st Fighter Squadron at George Air Force Base in California (1989-1992)
• F-4 Weapons School Instructor Pilot, Flight Commander and Chief of Weapons and Tactics, 20th FS at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico (1992-1996)
• Senior Operations Duty Officer, 607 COS at Osan Air Base in the Republic of Korea (1996-1997)
• F-16CG Instructor Pilot and Flight Examiner, Assistant Operations Officer, 4th Fighter Squadron at Hill Air Force Base in Utah (1997-2000)
• Weapons Officer, Assistant Operations Officer, Operations Officer, Commander 112th Fighter Squadron and Deputy Operations Group Commander at Toledo Express Airport in Ohio (2000-2011)
• 180th Maintenance Group Commander at Toledo Express Airport in Ohio (2011-2015)
Rooted in the Catholic Franciscan tradition, Lourdes University is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Francis, and offers baccalaureate degrees in a variety of academic majors as well as graduate degrees in business, education, nursing, organizational leadership, social work, and theology. Community outreach programs include the Appold Planetarium, the Center for Science Education & the Environment, and Lifelong Learning. A member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics, Lourdes students can also compete in a variety of men’s and women’s sports. Named a “Best in the Midwest” college by the Princeton Review, Lourdes University is a nationally accredited, veteran and transfer-friendly institution offering a variety of student scholarships. Explore the possibilities online at www.lourdes.edu or by phone at 419-885-3211.
Press Release Contact Name: Helene Sheets
Press Release Contact Email: email@example.com
Press Release Contact Phone: 4198243965
Organization Name: Lourdes University
Organization Address: 6832 Convent Blvd., Sylvania, OH, 43560